At OTW, we have a long history of partnering with airports around the globe to deliver a range of highly versatile temporary and permanent perimeter fencing options. Our plastic barriers and their accessories are perfectly designed to ensure high visibility, prevent access to restricted areas, promote safety in construction areas at airports, and address the unique challenges of any airport environment.
Security and safety are top priorities for professionals working in or around airports. This includes the Airport Operational Area (AOA), where landings, takeoffs, and other key events take place. Within this highly sensitive area, it’s crucial for professionals to have access to fencing and barricades that can provide clear delineation between areas and act as barriers to protect personnel and visitors alike.
OTW Airport Barricades
Barriers and fences within AOAs need to adhere to a high standard of safety and quality. FAA regulations stipulate that any plastic barricades used in AOAs must meet certain criteria such as:
- UV resistance
- Jet blast testing
- The ability to interlock to minimize foreign object damage (FOD)
In addition, all auxiliary barrier equipment (like hazard lights or flags) must also meet these standards.
OTW barricades and safety equipment check all of these boxes!
For example, our 10” low-profile airport barrier is made with high-density polyethylene (HDPE) with added UV protection, and the optional flags and hazard lights are perfectly fitted and perfectly FAA-compliant. This popular model has a large internal ballast capacity and can withstand jet blast winds in excess of 70 mph, while its 3-degree angled sides ensure the highest visibility possible for pilots approaching landing strips.
Benefits of Plastic Barricades for Airports
Not only do plastic barriers easily meet government safety standards for use in airports, but they also offer a number of key benefits over traditional fencing options. Plastic barriers are more versatile and often represent a better return on investment than steel or concrete alternatives – some specific advantages that plastic barriers can provide for airports include:
- Unmatched visibility: Plastic barriers are bright (safety) orange and are designed to support FAA-approved hazard lights and flags to guarantee visibility even in the most adverse conditions.
- Excellent durability: Our plastic barriers are made from the highest quality high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and are built to withstand inclement weather, high winds, and regular wear and tear.
- Portability: Plastic barriers can be moved, rearranged, set up, and broken down much more quickly and easily than other barrier models. They can also be used time and again for a variety of projects and under a wide range of circumstances, both indoors and out!
- Safety: The bottom line: plastic barriers give professionals at airports the opportunity to work in safe and secure environments. From permanent AOA fencing to offering temporary cover during construction, plastic barriers are a incredible, versatile option for airports.
Why Choose OTW AOA Fencing?
Unlike many of our competitors, OTW Safety does it all! We design, manufacture, and sell high-quality plastic barriers specifically created for airports. Our expertise is unmatched, as we have a long history of partnering with airports, and we understand how to meet and overcome the unique challenges associated with designing barriers for use in airport environments. These long-term partnerships allow us to keep costs low and pass the savings on to our customers! We consistently have more in-stock availability than competitors and can generally offer lower prices and faster delivery. If that wasn’t reason enough, all of our plastic barricades are designed and manufactured right here in the United States and are 100% recyclable.
Our team is dedicated to providing top-of-the-line service to our clients and helping you meet your specific needs – contact the team at OTW to learn more about our methods or to get started on your next project today!